To Our Guests,
Firstly we would like to welcome you to Deans Place. To those who have stayed with us before, you may have already noticed a few of the changes we have had to make due to COVID-19.
Pre Check In
Before your arrival, it is a requirement that you reply to us by email to confirm the following questions.
• Have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
• Have you been in contact with anyone who has shown the symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
• Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 7 days?
• Are you waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test?
• Are you experiencing any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19? These are a high temperature.
This means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual) a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell ortaste different to normal
If you have answered YES to any of the questions above, we are unfortunately unable to allow you to visit
the hotel on this occasion. We will be happy to rearrange your stay to a future date. Please speak to us
about how we can assist you with this.
Here are a list of some of the changes we have made to ensure we are COVID-19 Secure.
• All Staff have their temperatures taken before work.
• All Staff on duty have been trained in line with our new COVID-19 return to work policy.
• Screens have been installed in Reception and the Bar area.
• All guests must notify us of any potential symptoms prior or during their stay.
• Extra cleaning schedules are in place.
• Removal of many items from rooms and hotel that may be considered high contact points, such as
brochures, room guides, newspapers etc. Room guides can be found online or can be emailed to you.
Newspapers can be purchased from the local village newsagents.
• We have implemented uniform standards that are more in line with healthcare standards. We have
removed waistcoats, ties, name badges and introduced short sleeves so hand washing is more
• During your stay, no staff will enter your room unless you absolutely require it and in that scenario you
will be asked to vacate the room. Please note this does mean we will not be making your room up
during your stay. If you require any new linen towels or room supplies please let reception know and
these will be left outside your room.
• Room Service is available. The staff will knock and the food will left outside your room for you to
• We are unable to serve guests standing at the bar, so we kindly ask you to speak to a member of staff
who will find you an available table.
• All food menus are only used once to minimise transmission. Wine lists are disinfected between uses.
• Contact details are taken for all guests for Track & Trace purposes and destroyed after 21 days.
• All tables are separated 1m+ and in many cases are more than the minimum distance.
• As we are unable to offer a breakfast buffet at this time, we kindly ask you to preorder your breakfast
from our a la carte breakfast menu with reception before 9pm
• Menus have been created in a way that facilitates our need to satisfy social distancing measures within a
• If you require any further tea or coffee for your room, please let us know. We have minimised this as
each item must be quarantined for 72 hours between guests if they are unused.
• Hand sanitiser points are located throughout the hotel and we encourage you to use these.
• We kindly ask you to use the toilet facilities in your room, rather than the public toilets.
As you can imagine, this is all very new to us too and we have done our best to maintain a pleasant
environment whilst ensuring we minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19, keeping you and the staff as
safe as possible.
If you have any concerns or feedback, please do not hesitate to speak with us or a member of the team and
we wish you a wonderful stay at Deans Place
James & Lucinda Dopson
Deans Place Hotel